Applications for 2020 opening soon
The FORWARD Graduate Program offers a supportive environment to begin your practice and accelerate your development at the same time. The transition from student life to professional clinician can be daunting but with the right guidance you can set the foundations for a successful and rewarding dental career.
Support to fast track your development
In addition to providing a collegiate support network the year-long continuing education program offers the opportunity to hone your clinical skills with hands-on courses presented by industry experts. The courses are designed to cover areas graduates often feel less experienced in such as fixed pros, rotary endo and surgical extractions. To complement your clinical skills, FORWARD also provides access to the essentials you’ll need to become a successful dental provider including, effective communication, case presentation, leadership and how to build a loyal patient following.
In 2019 we’re growing bigger and better
The FORWARD Graduate Program continues to grow each year and is always evolving to support the requirements of each group. 2019 program provides access to new CPD sessions, one-on-one coaching and support time. For the first time we will be holding cross-disciplinary sessions with recent graduates practicing in our GP, Nursing and Physio departments, as well as hosting CPD sessions in different capital cities. It is a great opportunity for a weekend away! For 2019 we’ve expanded the scope of the program and it is available not only to first year graduates, but also those who qualified in the last three years.
What you can expect
- A minimum of 6 CPD sessions are available through the year, all at no cost for FORWARD Graduate Program participants.
- Regular scheduled coaching calls with an experienced practice development coach.
- Exclusive clinical case support by an experienced Primary Dental clinician in your area.
- On-site one-on-one coaching available by an industry expert to help you consistently deliver high quality patient experiences.
- Online discussion group to share experiences, opportunities and ideas with your FORWARD Graduate Program colleagues.
- Support team to assist you with any FORWARD Graduate Program or operational needs.
A rewarding partnership you’ll be proud of
Practicing in a Primary Dental centre provides a unique opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary medical home. Each dental centre is located within a medical centre where there are high patient volumes (hundreds of patients every day) and opportunities for cross-disciplinary care and networking.
In addition to the availability of the Graduate Program’s CPD sessions you will receive offers to attend generously discounted CPD courses from our industry partners.
We promote our centres with national marketing campaigns and support to keep dental care affordable and accessible by making available a range of payment options. Did you know we were the first in the healthcare industry to provide patients with the opportunity to access AfterPay?
Our dental management and support team are highly experienced, forward thinking and passionate about providing service excellence – to both you and your patients. We are dedicated to providing you with world class facilities, services and education opportunities. It’s part of our commitment to helping you grow your practice and patient base for the long-term.
How it works
Successful applicants for the FORWARD Graduate Program will be invited to sign a Facilities and Service Agreement (12 month contract) with Primary Dental. All dentists practicing from a Primary Dental facility are independent dental care professionals (not employees).
Eligibility for the Facilities and Service Agreement include:
- Ability to practice within Australia (sponsorship not available)
- Hold an ABN and be registered for GST
- Unrestricted AHPRA registration and professional indemnity insurance
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 OPENING SOON
To prepare your application for an opportunity in the 2020 FORWARD Graduate Program, you will need:
1. Your current resume – including contact details of three references; and
2. Application letter (maximum of two A4 pages). Please include your response to the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself. Were you in a different industry or role before studying Dentistry? If not on your resume, please include:
- Participation in any hobbies / sports / other interests
- Involvement with volunteer or community organisations / events
- Do you have an area of special interest in dentistry or skill you feel you need to develop more?
- Briefly describe your philosophy of patient care.
- If your application is successful, what do you hope to gain from the FORWARD Graduate Program?
- Regions or specific Primary Dental locations you would consider working from. Visit primarydental.com.au/locate for location lists.
If you’re interested in applying, please email us at Dental.Enquiries@healius.com.au and we will contact you when applications open for 2020.