Years of wear and tear, cracks, sudden trauma or even tooth decay can damage your teeth so that further protection is needed. Adding a crown is often the best way to restore or even save a damaged tooth.
What is a Crown?
A crown is an artificial tooth made from strong tooth-coloured materials like ceramics. The colour is customised to match the colour of your natural teeth.
What is a Bridge?
If a tooth is lost then a bridge may be the recommended treatment. A bridge is an artificial tooth attached to crowns and anchored to the surrounding teeth.
5 reasons why you may need crowns or bridges.
1. Prevent a weakened tooth from splitting or fracturing.
2. Protect a brittle tooth following root canal treatment.
3. Maintain your natural chewing ability.
4. Prevent damage to other teeth.
5. Prevent other teeth from moving out of place.
For your convenience, Primary Dental offers extended appointment hours during the week as well as on Saturday.