COVID Update – VIC
Updated on 20th July, 2021
The Victorian Government has released updated guidance for dental practitioners which authorises “dental services undertaken by oral health professionals in the management of patients with urgent needs or care where failure to do so in a clinically appropriate timeframe will lead to adverse outcomes”.
In accordance to the above directive and based on further guidance from the Australian Dental Association’s Victorian Branch (ADAVB) our dental centres in Victoria are now open dental services that are deemed urgent by your dentist.
What does this mean for you?
If you have a dental emergency, you can now book online. If you have an appointment require for any other non-urgent dental care please call our centre.
To locate a centre earest to you, CLICK HERE
Our Dental Centres remain COVID safe
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic the health and safety of patients, our employees and the independent dental practitioners operating from our centres has remained our utmost priority. A number of measures have been put in place to reduce the risk of transmission and to ensure that our dental centres remain COVID safe.
The additional measures include:
- In line with Australian Dental Association and Department of Health guidelines we have established and continue to apply COVID safe infection prevention and control standards to ensure our centres remain COVID safe.
- All patients are screened over the phone before confirming their appointment.
- Prior to entering the centre patients and visitors will have their temperature checked and asked COVID-19 screening questions. Anyone who has symptoms or risk factors for COVID-19 will be required to defer their appointment and return home.
- Anyone attending must wear a face mask while in the centre and are asked to apply hand sanitiser upon entry
- Waiting areas are adapted for social distancing
- We have adjusted our appointment schedule to minimise wait times and avoid patient cross-over
- All dental practitioners and dental team members have completed updated training in COVID-19 infection prevention and safety guidelines and are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors
At Primary Dental we are carefully monitoring updates and taking steps to follow the advice of the relevant authorities. We remain committed to supporting the needs and safety of the community
COVID Update – NSW
Updated on 26th June, 2021
Our Dental Centres across NSW remain open and COVID Safe
IS IT SAFE TO COME INTO THE CENTRE?
Yes, for most people it is safe to come into the centre to see your dentist.
If you have tested positive to COVID-19 or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
You have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days
Have you had any of the below symptoms in the last 14 days that are new:
Fever (37.5° or higher)
Shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
Loss of taste
Loss of smell
Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or been asked to self-isolate by a health official?
Have you been at a place of high concern (close contact venue or casual contact venue) – Please monitor for venues on NSW Health website
Do not visit the centre.
Please defer any non-urgent or routine dental treatment until the current restrictions are lifted.
If you have a potentially life-threatening emergency and answer YES to any of the above, please contact your nearest emergency department or dial 000 for an ambulance and tell them you may be at risk of COVID-19.
In light of COVID-19 we are actively following the advice issued by the Australian Government, and are increasing our level of already strict protocols in the following ways:
We have mandatory isolation periods: All team members returning from international travel or have been in contact with a confirmed case are to stay home for 14 days.
We are increasing our frequency of disinfection:We are cleaning and disinfecting general surfaces that people touch with their hands more frequently and our frontline employees have received updated training to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
We are triaging all patients before they walk in: We request all patients with a scheduled appointment to advise us prior to attending if they have any risk factors, signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
Furthermore, we can reassure you that the medical centres we are located within are taking the necessary steps to reduce the risk of exposure, by encouraging phone consultations where applicable, and have strict measures in place when it comes to managing patients with symptoms of COVID-19.
General Manager– Dental